Town of

Town Clerk

Four Years

Clerk’s Hours – 9:00 AM to Noon: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday
                     6:00 PM to 8:00 PM: Thursday

                     (except for legal holidays)


If you have a question please call 766-2343 extension 1

The Clerk's office issues Transfer Station Permits:

  • Resident must present registration for the vehicle(s) that will be going to the Transfer Station as well as proof of residency.
  • Transfer Station Fees: $80 Resident, $45 Senior and $5 Second vehicle permit
  • Special blue bags are required for trash disposal, also available from the Clerk's office for $2.50 each


The Clerk's office issues Dog Licenses:

  • A current rabies vaccination certificate must be presented.
  • Fees: $18 unneutered or unspayed
             $10 neutered or spayed (must presented neutered/spayed certificate)

                   $3 for a replacement tag


The Clerk's office issues Marriage Licenses:

  • Fee $40
  • To apply for a Marriage License one must:
    a. furnish a photo ID such as drivers’ license, non-drivers ID, passport, military ID, employers photo ID or naturalization papers.
    b. in addition, individuals must show proof of birth name in the form of a Birth Certificate or Baptismal record, USA Resident Alien card, work permit or naturalization papers.
    c. if this is not a first marriage it is necessary to bring the divorce papers or death certificate of the previous spouse.

The Clerk's office issues Sporting Licenses

  • Must provide previous drivers’ license, previous sporting license, or photo ID
  • Must show proof of hunter training if first license.


Notary Public – available during business hours, photo ID required such as drivers’ license, passport, etc. No fee is charged for this service.


Accessibility Parking Permit – must present completed form signed by physician. Forms are available at the Town Clerk’s office as well as most doctors’ offices.

Certificates of Residency for Hudson Valley Community College – students must present proof of residency in the Town of Nassau, be present to sign the form and know his/her social security number.

FOIL – Freedom of Information Law – All FOIL requests are administered through the Town Clerk’s office. Requests can be made in person, by mail, e-mail or by FAX. An Application for Public Access to Records form must be completed and submitted, forms are available in the Town Clerk’s office.

Vital Records – Marriage Records that were issued in the Town of Nassau are kept by the Town Clerk and date back to 1883 for the Town and 1898 for the Village of Nassau. Death or Birth Records are also available for all deaths and births that happened within the Town of Nassau and are also kept by the Town Clerk dating back to the late 1800’s.

  • Qualified individuals seeking copies of any of the above must complete a form of request, present a photo ID and be able to verify their relationship to the person for whom they are requesting the record.
  • FEES:
    • Geneology search requests - $10.00
    • Requests for search of records of Marriage, Death or Birth records -$10.00
    • Certified copies of Marriage, Death and Birth records - $10.00



Used Cell Phones being collected!
Used cell phones will be collected at the Town Clerk's office and will be taken to the St. Paul's Center in Rensselaer.  Any questions do not hesitate to call the Town Clerk's office at 766-2343, ext.1.


Sandra L. Rings ()
Phone: 518.766.2343 extension 1
Heather Werner ()